1 January 2012

The meaning of my blog

I suppose I could be classed as an atheist. I don't believe the story that some mythological creature waved a hand and everything came into being. I lean to the scientific views which contains logic, common-sense and evidence. Geological points towards this with discovery of fossils dated 6 billion years old. Cosmology points towards that the big bang happened. These have been proved over and over. There are a few Christian fundamentalists that still claim the Earth is only 6000 years old. That is so ridiculous that even the majority of believers have dismissed it as rubbish.

So why are stories in the Bible still believed? Because that is what they are. In ancient times people believed the sun traveled around the Earth. We now know different, but in those times there was not the evidence there ares these days. The world was still in an unstable state, volcanoes were active and people wanted to know what their life meant and what happened after they died. The night skies were clear and constellations could be seen as figures. These were explained by elders of tribes as super beings able to control the weather and  peoples lives. The elders then told tribes people that if they followed their commands they could guarantee a good life on Earth and in the afterlife. And so the stories continue.

I have nothing against religion but do not want it shoved down my throat. I believe people can live together and treat others as equal without the help of a God. It is the person that counts and how we treat each other.
There are links to other blogs here such as Freethought and humanity sites. Read them before condemning me to Hell. and portraying me as evil because of my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment